Are you interested in studying at a UK university but worried about the IELTS language proficiency test? You’ll be happy to know that it’s possible to apply to certain UK universities without taking the IELTS exam. In fact, many institutions now accept alternative language proficiency tests or have waived the language requirement altogether.
The cost of taking the IELTS exam is increasing every day, leading many UK universities to explore other options. As a result, a growing number of universities now accept alternative tests that are simpler and more affordable than the IELTS.
Some of the UK universities that don’t require the IELTS include the University of Greenwich, Plymouth University, the University of Warwick, Portsmouth University, and Northumbria University. These are just a few examples of institutions that have waived the IELTS requirement for applicants.
List of UK Universities to Study in UK Universities Without IELTS in 2023
MBA in UK Without IELTS
here is a list of MBA universities in the UK without IELTS:
- University of Bedfordshire
- Bangor University
- Birmingham City University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Coventry University
- De Montfort University
- Essex University
- Greenwich University
- Lancaster University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Loughborough University
- Middlesex University
- Newcastle University
- Northumbria University
- Plymouth University
- Portsmouth University
- Robert Gordon University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Swansea University
- University of Bristol
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Kent
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Nottingham
- University of Reading
- University of Warwick
- University of Westminster
How can you Get Admission in UK Universities Without IELTS?
- To gain admission into a university in the UK without taking the IELTS exam, the first step is to research and apply to universities that offer this option. Luckily, there are many UK universities that allow applicants to apply without taking the IELTS.
- However, it’s important to note that even if you apply to one of these universities, they will still require you to demonstrate your English language proficiency. If you don’t have an IELTS score, you can instead submit an “English Language Proficiency” certificate. This certificate can be obtained from your previous educational institute or university.
- The English Language Proficiency certificate verifies that the applicant has completed their previous degree from an English-medium institution, and that the courses were conducted in English. Additionally, the university will review your transcript and the names of the courses to assess your English language skills.
How to Get UK Study Visa Without IELTS?
Having received an admission offer the subsequent crucial step is to apply for a UK study visa. To obtain a UK study visa you will be required to submit various documents including but not limited to:
- University offer letter
- Other academic records
It’s entirely feasible to acquire a UK study visa without taking the IELTS exam, provided you submit the appropriate documentation. You can present the immigration authorities with a document issued by the UK university you have been accepted into affirming your eligibility for a study visa without IELTS. To obtain a UK study visa without IELTS, you must meet the following essential criteria:
- A document verified by your university stating that you qualify for a UK study visa without presenting IELTS scores.
- A letter of acceptance from a university in the UK.
- Candidates can also opt to take the Secure English Language Test (SELT), which is required by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), as valid evidence of their English proficiency, in lieu of the IELTS.
Top List Of UK Scholarships to Apply
UK Offers some popular Fully Funded scholarships for international students. You can apply for these UK scholarships for 2023.
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- University of Oxford Scholarships
- Great Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- University of Plymouth UK Scholarship
- Welcome (UK Government) Scholarship
- UK Bristol University Scholarships
- The University of West England Chancellor Scholarship
- University of Westminster Scholarships
- The University of Sussex International Scholarships
- Nottingham Trent University Scholarships
- The University of Birmingham Scholarship
Conclusion: Congratulations, you are now one step closer to studying in the United Kingdom. Follow the steps outlined below to discover UK universities that do not require IELTS and apply to them with ease.