Starting your day with a good workout is a great way to set the tone for the rest of the day. The Smith Machine is an excellent tool to use for glute and hamstring exercises. In this blog post, we will show you two practical exercises that you can do on the Smith Machine in the morning. Let’s get started!
Benefits of Smith Machine Good Mornings Exercises
Good Mornings on Smith Machine exercises are excellent for strengthening your lower back, glutes, and hamstrings. These muscles are essential for maintaining a healthy posture and avoiding injury. Good Mornings on Smith Machine also help to improve your balance, coordination, and performance when participating in sports or other physical activities.
In addition, Smith Machine exercises are easier on the body than traditional exercises because you use the machine for support instead of relying solely on your strength. This makes Good Mornings on smith machine an excellent choice for beginners who might need more strength to do Good Mornings without support.
Instructions for the Exercise
- Set the barbell on the Smith Machine to a height just below your shoulders.
- Step up to the bar and grab the barbell with a wide overhand grip, positioning your hands just outside of your shoulders.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, slightly bend your knees and keep a flat back.
- Engage your core and slowly hinge at the waist while keeping your back straight and chest up until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings.
- Pause for a second, then slowly return to the starting position by pushing your hips forward and engaging your glutes.
- Repeat this Good Morning exercise 10-15 times for one set and repeat two or three sets if desired.
You can also watch the video for more information.
Essential Tips For Smith Machine Good Mornings Exercises
- When performing Good Mornings Smith Machine exercises, make sure to keep your back flat and avoid rounding it.
- Make sure you focus on engaging your core and glutes throughout the exercise.
- Take your time with each repetition to get the best results from Good Morning Smith Machine exercises.
- If you’re a beginner, start with lower weights and focus on the form before increasing weight.
By following these tips, Good Morning Smith Machine exercises can be an effective way to strengthen your glutes, hamstrings, and lover back in the morning.
Smith Machine Good Morning Alternatives
Some people may not have access to a Smith Machine or want to switch up their routine with different exercises. Here are some Smith Machine Good Morning alternatives:
The Romanian Deadlift is a great exercise that targets the same muscle groups as the Smith Machine Good Morning. To perform this exercise, place a barbell in front of your thighs with your feet hip-width apart. Keeping your back straight, hinge at the hips and lower the barbell toward the floor. Then, raise back up to the starting position.
The Glute Bridge is a great exercise for targeting the glutes, hamstrings and lower back. To perform this exercise, all you have to do is lie on your back, bend your knees, and put your feet flat on the ground. Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement as you lift your hips toward the ceiling. Once you have reached the starting position, lower your hips back down and repeat.
Reverse Hyperextension is an excellent exercise for strengthening the lower back, glutes, and hamstrings. To perform this exercise, you will need to lie down face down on a mat or bench and place your hips on the edge of the mat. Place a weight or dumbbell between your feet and raise your legs toward the ceiling, keeping them straight. Lower your legs back down to the starting position and repeat.
Barbell Hip Thrust
The Barbell Hip Thrust is a great exercise for targeting the glutes and hamstrings. To perform this exercise, place a barbell across your hips and sit with your back against a bench. At the top of the movement, lift your hips and squeeze your glutes. Repeat the exercise by lowering your hips back down to the starting position.
Read Also: How to do Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift?