How to Perform a 6 Way Shoulder Raise Exercise Perfectly
Are you looking for a challenging shoulder exercise? The 6 way shoulder raise is just what you need! This exercise works all the muscles in your shoulder, and it’s a great way to improve strength and stability. In this article, we’ll show you how to do the 6 way shoulder raise with perfect form. We’ll also provide some tips on how to make the exercise more challenging. Let’s get started!
The six-way shoulder raise is a great exercise that targets 6 different muscles: the trapezius, deltoids, rotator cuff, teres minor, supraspinatus, and infraspinatus.
Important Tip: If you have just finished your isolation exercises, then this exercise is best performed after them, but you can perform it as soon as you are ready.
How to Perform the 6 way Shoulder Raise Perfectly
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a set of dumbbells in each hand, palms facing down.
- Keeping your arms straight, raise the dumbbells up and out to the sides so that your hands are above shoulder level.
- Then, lower the weights back down and repeat for 6 repetitions in 6 different directions: forward, backward, laterally (side-to-side), diagonal (up and toward the opposite shoulder), diagonal (down and toward the opposite shoulder) and rotational (circular from the front to the back).
- Keep your shoulders relaxed throughout each repetition, focusing on squeezing the muscles at the top of each motion and maintaining a slow, controlled tempo.
- Finish off by returning to the starting position and repeat for 6 sets of 6 repetitions.
Tips for Making the 6-way Shoulder Raise More Challenging
- Increase the weight: The 6-way shoulder raise can be made more challenging by adding weight to your dumbbells. This will increase resistance and make the exercise more difficult.
- Change up your tempo: Changing up the tempo of your 6-way shoulder raise can make it more challenging. Try performing each repetition slowly, then speed things up by doing 6 repetitions as fast as you can.
- Increase the number of sets: If you are feeling strong, try increasing the number of sets to 8 or 10 per 6-way cycle.
- Add a pause: Pausing at the top of each 6-way shoulder raise repetition will help you better target your muscles, making it a more intense exercise.
- Increase your range of motion: Increasing your range of motion for each 6 way shoulder raise can make the exercise more challenging and help you get better results. Aim for a full range of motion, bringing your hands all the way up and out to the sides.
Read More About Dumbbell Shoulder Fly exercises for maximum growth.
The 6-way shoulder raise is an excellent exercise to build shoulder strength and stability. This exercise works all 6 muscles in your shoulder, and it’s a great way to increase strength and stability. We hope this guide helps you perform the 6-way shoulder raise with perfect form. With these tips, you can make the 6-way shoulder raise more challenging and get better results.
Read Also: Smith Machine Good Mornings Exercise for Glutes, Hamstrings