Do you want to build strength and size in your upper body? Are you looking for an exercise that can help with your upper-body fitness goals and give a good challenge? Look no further – the supinated barbell row is one of the best exercise to increase muscle thickness around the mid back and biceps. Not only does this row develop core stability, but it also helps improve postural integrity from standing, as well as numerous other muscles across your whole body!
In this blog post, we will discuss how to correctly perform a barbell bent over rows supinated grip so that you can start building strength and get those killer arms while staying safe during your workouts. Are you ready? Let’s get into it!
Targeted Muscles in Supinated Barbell Row Exercise
The Supinated Barbell Row primarily targets your mid-back muscles, the latissimus dorsi, and trapezius, as well as your biceps. The Barbell Supinated Row also works your back and shoulders as stabilizing muscles, which helps you to keep good posture and balance throughout the exercise.
How to Perform Supinated Grip Barbell Row
1. In order to begin, stand in front of a barbell and place your feet at hip-width apart. Bend over and grip the barbell with an underhand (supinated) grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
2. With a slight bend in the knees, begin to row the barbell up towards your chest, using your back muscles to power the movement. Throughout the exercise, keep your back flat and your core engaged.
3. When the barbell reaches chest height, pause and squeeze your back muscles before slowly lowering it back to the starting position.
4. Repeat for 8-12 reps and 3-4 sets.
Tips while Performing Supinated Bent Over Barbell Row
1. Make sure to engage your core and maintain a flat back during this exercise. Also, keep your shoulders and neck relaxed to avoid strain on these areas.
2. Control the weight and don’t let it swing as you move.
3. Start with a lightweight and increase the load as you get stronger.
3. Supinated Barbell Row can be done with either a barbell or dumbbells.
Read Also: Chest Supported T Bar Row Machine Exercise
The Supinated Barbell Row is an excellent exercise to add to your upper body workouts as it helps you to build strength and size in your mid-back and biceps. Make sure to use proper form and start with a lightweight, increasing the load as you build strength. With time and dedication, the barbell row supinated grip will help you to reach your upper body fitness goals.
Suggested Read: Kneeling Cable Pullover Exercise