Are you in the market for a rowing machine? If so, you likely have come across two top contenders: The Nordictrack RW900 and Hydrow. Both are excellent equipment with unique features, but which should you choose? In this blog post, we will compare both models to help you make the best decision for your fitness needs.
This post will go over the pros and cons of each rower as well as any extra features they may offer. This detailed comparison of Nordictrack RW900 vs Hydrow helps inform your purchase decision between the Nordictrack RW900 and Hydrow!
The Nordictrack RW900 rower is one of the highest-rated rowing machines on the market. It features a unique auto-adjustable magnetic resistance system, allowing you to tailor your workout intensity and customize the challenge of each exercise. The Nordictrack RW900 is built with a high-quality frame for smooth movement. It has a 22″ HD touchscreen display that allows you to access iFit coaching, making it easy to track your progress and stay motivated. Other unique features include a Bluetooth-enabled chest strap heart rate monitor, adjustable foot pedals, and an integrated tablet holder for hands-free viewing of your favorite media or workouts.
Pros and Cons of Nordictrack RW900 Rower
Below are some of the pros and cons of the Nordictrack RW900 Rower:
– SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance for tailored workout intensity
– 22″ HD touchscreen display with iFit coaching app
– Adjustable foot pedals for comfortable positioning
– Integrated tablet holder for hands-free viewing of media or workouts.
-Foldable design for easy storage
– 26 resistance levels
– Media shelf with charging port
-Access to iFit library with unlimited training programs
– 10 Year frame warranty plus 2-year parts and 1-year labor warranty
-Compact and lightweight design for portability
-Easy to assemble with a detailed instruction manual
-Affordable price point.
– Limited user weight capacity of 250 LBS (115 KG)
– A bit noisy due to the magnetic resistance system
– Not compatible with wireless headphones
– No built-in cooling fan
– Does not have a USB port for charging devices
– No built-in speakers for music or audio playback
– Limited fitness tracking features compared to other top rowers
– Not compatible with all smart devices
– No incline/decline features.
– Not ideal for taller users due to the relatively short rail length.
The Hydrow rower is a top-of-the-line home rowing machine designed with high-end features. It has an aluminum and steel frame for optimal stability, a 22″ HD touchscreen display, and an adjustable resistance system. The Hydrow also comes with a Bluetooth-enabled chest strap heart rate monitor, adjustable foot pedals, armrests, and an integrated tablet holder for hands-free viewing of your favorite media or workouts. The Hydrow provides access to its live studio and on-demand library, allowing you to experience a real-time rowing class with coaches worldwide. It also offers personalized coaching, progress tracking, and many other features to keep you motivated.
Pros and Cons of Hydrow
A few pros and cons of the Hydrow Rower are listed below:
– Aluminum and Steel frame for optimal stability
– 22″ HD touchscreen display
– Adjustable resistance system from 50 – 500 watts
– Bluetooth-enabled chest strap heart rate monitor
– Adjustable foot pedals and armrests for comfortable positioning
– Integrated tablet holder for hands-free viewing of media or workouts
– Access to the Hydrow Live Studio and On-Demand Library
– Personalized coaching and progress tracking
– Compatible with most smartphones and tablets
– Easy to assemble with a detailed instruction manual
– Durable design and construction
– Limited user weight capacity of 370 lbs
– No incline/decline feature
– No wireless headphones compatibility
– Hydrow Live Studio classes are only available through a subscription
– No built-in speakers for music or audio playback
– Not the most affordable rowing machine on the market.
– Limited warranty coverage for parts and labor.
Nordictrack RW900 vs Hydrow Conclusion
The Nordictrack RW900 and Hydrow are excellent rowing machines with plenty of features to keep you motivated. The Nordictrack RW900 is more affordable but has a lower user weight capacity of 250 lbs, and it does not have incline/decline capabilities or wireless headphone compatibility.
The Hydrow has an aluminum and steel frame for optimal stability and access to its Live Studio and On-Demand Library. Still, it is not the most affordable rower on the market, and its Live Studio classes are only available through a subscription. Depending on your needs, both models have great features and performance capabilities, so it’s essential to thoroughly weigh your options before deciding. Ultimately, regardless of your choice, the Nordictrack RW900 and Hydrow are excellent rowers that can help you reach your fitness goals.
We hope this Hydrow vs Nordictrack RW900 comparison has been helpful in your decision-making process! Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions about the Nordictrack RW900 or Hydrow.
Read Also: Difference between sole f63 and f80